[OSM-dev] Release of osmpbf version 1.2.1

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Oct 31 14:31:41 GMT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 10:31:11AM +0100, marqqs at gmx.eu wrote:
> > * Includes support for "visible" flag on OSM objects. This allows PBF to
> >   handle OSM history files.
>
> Great! Thank you - and Jochen.
>
> Could you please, if possible, update the OSM Wiki page accordingly?
> Last time I needed to analyze an .osh.pbf file's contents byte by byte to see how the visible flag was stored. That was really fun for me, but not everyone likes this kind of riddle. ;-)

This information is in the .proto files. I have added the section of the proto
file that was missing to the wiki page. But I do agree that the documentation
is not as good as it could be. Still far better than many other parts of OSM.
:-)

What I'd like to see at some point is a better distinction between the PBF
format itself and the reference (and other) implementations.

Jochen