[OSM-dev] Overpass API delivers randomly invalid data

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Mon Oct 31 21:11:25 GMT 2011

> Hi,
>
> I wrote a small test script to give you more help.
> The following results are reproducible:
[..]
> '<way id="39990889">' looks wrong at query

Thank you, that helps a lot.

I've also found way #4732211 that shows no history information at all.
Altogether, about 250 ways of 140 million ways and probably also a small
fraction of all nodes are affected, without any obvious pattern. The ways show
the same behaviour on a independent database instance. I expect that it would
take several days to determine the cause. I'll publish any results here and on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM3S/status

Best regards,

Roland