[OSM-dev] osmium and full history file: parsing error

Pascal Neis pascal.neis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 19:52:17 BST 2011

Martijn,

Martijn van Exel schrieb:
  > What I was trying to do what get an active contributor count, along
> the lines of what Pascal Neis did in
> http://neis-one.org/2010/08/%E2%80%9Enominal-members%E2%80%9C-of-osm/
>
> Pascal - how did you do it?

I wrote a simple XML parser which calculates those
numbers. That means I did not use any existing software.

Here are some stats from today (09/06/2011), which
are coming from my "How did you contribute to OSM?"
database (http://hdyc.neis-one.org/):
- Overall we have about 460 000 OSM registered members [1]
- About 147 000 contributors are at least the last modifier
of one OSM object (node, way or relation)
- About 139 000 contributors are the last modifier of 1 200 Mio nodes
- About 99 000 contributors are the last modifier of 107 Mio ways
- and finally 15 000 contributors are the last modifier of 1 Mio relations

I will try to write a new blog post with some more statistics
within the next few days.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Pascal