[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Geofabrik downloads post-licence-change

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Apr 13 10:59:52 BST 2012

Hi,

On 04/13/2012 11:25 AM, Paul Norman wrote:
> Something I've wondered is if it is more efficient to be generating
> these with osmosis with a planet file updated daily or with a
> pgsnapshot database updated continually?

I have little experience with the pgsnapshot schema so cannot really
say. When we started doing the Geofabrik extracts, that schema wasn't
around and PostGIS was at release 1.3 and had really bad
point-in-polygon performance so unless you were happy with rectangular
extracts, it was impossible to run the job off a PostGIS database.
Things might have changed now and I'd love to hear from someone who
tried it.

Bye
Frederik