[OSM-dev] [GSoC] Improvements to Vespucci

Thu Apr 26 21:51:50 BST 2012

Hi,
my name is Jan Schejbal and I would like to thank OSM for accepting my
GSoC project proposal. This means that during this summer, I will be
making some improvements to Vespucci, the OSM editor for Android.

My primary goals are:

a) creating an "easy editing mode" in which tags are set using a menu
structure (based on the JOSM presets) and which does not require mode
switching for most actions

b) allowing the user to select the API URL to use.

You can find details about my project on the wiki page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2012/Improvements_to_Vespucci

Please have a look at subpage describing the proposed "easy editing
mode". I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions you can provide
about it - if you have any wishes, please voice them. Please focus on
the user side; the implementation plans will be updated as I look deeper
into the code.

Kind regards,
Jan