[OSM-dev] Older change files before sept 27 2011

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 6 20:33:15 BST 2012

Hi there,
I made a new version of osmupdate git at github.com:h4ck3rm1k3/Osmupdate.git
it use c++ not c, and this version only downloads the changes and has
not the nasty memory limits and management of the previous.

I am downloading the change files from osm and fosm from the time 2010
to now to compare the two and look for problems.

the first problem that I found is that the ftp mirror is missing
important older dat :

wget  --tries=10  --retry-connrefused      --waitretry=5 -nv -c
ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/planet.openstreetmap.org/minute-replicate/000/999/999.state.txt
-O "osmupdate_temp/temp.m000999999.txt" 2>&1
osmupdate: Got shell command result:
Das Verzeichnis
»pub/misc/openstreetmap/planet.openstreetmap.org/minute-replicate/000/999«
gibt es nicht.

And the main site is blocking me from downloading, I guess I am over quota.
Can someone please point me to a mirror for the 2011 and 2010 changes?

I am going to also upload them to archive.org in an easy to use manner
so giving me access should make sense,
thanks,

mike

--