[OSM-dev] [GSoC] Improvements to Vespucci

Fri Aug 10 11:14:28 BST 2012

Hi,
a new APK is available at the usual location,
http://www.janschejbal.de/temp/vespucci.apk

This version has a proper undo menu (long-pressing the undo button
allows to undo multiple steps and redo steps that were undone), supports
way deletion (and will ask you if you want to delete nodes that have no
tags and are not part of any other way).

Another high-visibilty change is the ability to show node icons on the
map. This is disabled by default and is probably most useful with
non-default presets and/or custom maps, although it provides reasonable
results with the default preset, too. (Note that node icons are not
scaled for both performance and visibility reasons. This is intentional.)

Orientation changes are now handled without a restart, at least inside
Main and TagEditor, improving performance.

The tag editor autocomplete and focus behaviour was enhanced in multiple
ways and should now be more pleasant to use. If no preset is selected,
it will guess the most appropriate one.

The missing "reload/update preset" function was included.

All my ToDo markers are now done. As GSoC is coming to an end, I plan to
do translation in the next few days. I will also provide documentation
in the Wiki on how to use EasyEdit and how Vespucci URLs (for adding
presets/APIs) are built. I might also have a look at how difficult it
would be to provide a way to export changes and/or gps tracks for use in
JOSM.

If I forgot anything important, please let me know. Otherwise, I am
planning no new features or changes except for the ones described above.
Please test the provided APK so I can fix any bugs that I missed during
my testing!

Kind regards,
Jan