[OSM-dev] [GSoC] Improvements to Vespucci

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Aug 12 21:49:18 BST 2012

> Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2012 12:17 PM
> To: osmeditor4android at googlegroups.com
> Cc: dev at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] [GSoC] Improvements to Vespucci
>
> Am 2012-08-11 16:19, schrieb Jan Schejbal:
> > Two things remain to be done: Making a decision how to deal with the
> > different license for the preset, and implementing change export (and
> > possibly linking to the help page from within the application).
>
> I have now added OsmChange export. If the JOSM format is better for
> change exports for some reasons, I can change the export format.
> A Help link was also added, and I have also merged the polish
> translation that was committed in trunk during my work on the branch.

I can see advantages to either format. A JOSM format allows you to edit
before uploading while a OsmChange format is more portable, but requires
command line tools.

I suspect JOSM would be easier for most to deal with but I have no strong
views, not having a smart phone or using Vespucci.

> Although the project is not yet completely over, I would already like to
> thank everyone involved for the great opportunity and the kind support I
> received. Participating in GSoC with OSM was a lot of fun - thanks!

Speaking for myself, it's been good to see a GSoC project with regular
communication with the community with results that are likely to be used.