[OSM-dev] [GSoC] Improvements to Vespucci

andrewg_oz andrew.gregory at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 04:32:09 BST 2012

On Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:07:18 PM UTC+8, Jan Schejbal wrote:

> Am 2012-08-19 12:32, schrieb andrewg_oz:
> > 1. After a while the action bar items started disappearing. First the
> undo
> > and GPS buttons disappeared.
>
> If it happened during data uploading, I think the workaround was missing
> there, so maybe just inserting it fixed everything.

That's possible. I was uploading at the time I noticed the items go
missing, but I had also been uploading on at least six other occasions
without any problems.

> I noticed that at least in some cases where the menu gets messed up an
> exception is thrown due to a call from the wrong thread. I have now
> removed an overly broad try..catch to ensure this results in a crash and
> gets immediately noticed, including a nice stack trace to find where the
> wrong call was made so it can be fixed.

I regret not making more effort to merge in my ACRA support changes. I
think I'll have to make that one of the first things to do after your own
changes are merged in.

>  If icons continue to disappear

despite this, we'll have to remove menu invalidation (and thus dynamic

menus) altogether.

> I have also built the newest version with the current ActionBarSherlock
> and support library. Please test it thoroughly.

I've just downloaded your latest. I didn't notice the items go missing
until about an hour into the survey and after several uploads. It's
probably going to take another actual survey to test properly and I won't
be able to do that until next weekend.

> 2. In the tag editor, the tag key/value auto complete doesn't seem to be
> working properly. The key auto-complete seems to be working, but the
value
> auto-complete seems to be missing entirely.

(Should also be fixed now, mail went only to the osmeditor list)

Confirmed. Thanks for that.

Regards,
Andrew