[OSM-dev] Augmented Diffs

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Mon Aug 27 19:14:54 BST 2012

Dear all,

Overpass API now offers Augmented Minute Diffs. The idea goes back to a talk
of Matt Amos at SOTM 2010. These diffs allow e.g. to keep a geographically
limited database extract up to date.

The details are documented in the wiki
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Augmented_Diffs

However, these diffs address developer, not end users, because there is no
software yet that can process these diffs. Therefore, I would be happy for
comments and suggestions on this matter that arise when writing such a
software. If there are good reasons to change the format, I'll try to do it
only once, at the same time like the database reimport after the license
change.

Happy updating,

Roland