[OSM-dev] Regional Diffs

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Thu Aug 30 08:41:11 BST 2012

Le mercredi 29 août 2012 20:38:44, marqqs at gmx.eu a écrit :
> Hi,

> I just saw this new section in OSM Wiki:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Planet.osm%2Fdiffs&action=h
> istorysubmit&diff=801359&oldid=792156#Regionaly_limited_diffs

I thought it could be usefull to some people without powerfull enough hardware
who only want regional db extracts.

> Probably, daily or hourly diffs would suffice for most users.
> Does anyone know if this kind of diffs is already available somewhere?

We search but couldn't find any services, so we went the path to build are own
workflow to produce them

> If not, is there a market for this?

At least for one database (europe) I operate and one database (France) the
french community uses for analysis : yes.
That's why we only provide the diffs we need.

ps: note that this is not related at all with new augmented diffs anounced
recently and only a coincidence. But those "augmented diffs" might be another
alternative to keep a regional db up to date.

--
sly (sylvain letuffe)