[OSM-dev] Timestamp in PBF files

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Tue Dec 11 22:26:33 GMT 2012

On 12 December 2012 01:53, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> Hi,

<snip>

> It would be great if someone were to add support to Osmosis which is
> likely to be a bit tricky as you have to shove replication information
> through the pipeline, but if all else fails I might have a go at it during
> the holidays.

I've done something similar with the streaming replication tasks  (ie.
--receive-replication, --replicate-apidb, --send-replication-data,
--write-replication).  They exchange state information from source to sink
via the new task "initialize" method which accepts a map of arguments.
Typically the source task at the start of the pipeline passes a
ReplicationState object through the pipeline in a map key called
"replication.state" (I think ... I'm not looking at the source code).  The
sink task then updates the state object with the current persisted state
during the initialize call, and by the time the initialize call returns,
the source task can use it to determine what replication point to start
from.

As part of that change I updated tasks such as --buffer to propagate the
initialize information properly across threads.  I believe other tasks such
as --merge will still need to be updated.

I doubt if I'll be able to provide much assistance in implementing this.  I
have another child due early in the New Year so I'll probably be off the
radar for a while :-)