[OSM-dev] Carto-based Mapnik OSM Rendering

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Fri Dec 14 15:32:24 GMT 2012

Ian Dees - how hard is it to update the style on the server you set up? We should probably reexport Mapnik XML from Tilemill as stuff gets fixed and update the server from time to time. This way we can continue to look here for spot checking:

http://bl.ocks.org/d/4271706/#15.00/37.7698/-122.4180

Dropping the XML into a gist and sending it over to you is fine? Or would it make sense to get Andy Allan server access?

On Dec 13, 2012, at 4:02 AM, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 December 2012 21:35, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote:
>> Again, this is awesome to have this up.
>>
>> If you find issues, please file here https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues
>>
>> Or fork, fix and issue a pull request :-)
>>
>> And really, on a first glance there is very little difference. Just filed one for leisure=garden
>>
>> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/6
>
> Thanks Ian (Dees) and everyone else, this is awesome! I'll work
> through all the issues reported so far, and also be merging in Ian
> (Villeda)'s work on making the setup easier.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Alex Barth
http://twitter.com/lxbarth