[OSM-dev] How to make osm2pgsql quiet?

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 19:58:11 GMT 2012

On 12/19/2012 06:19 AM, Svavar Kjarrval wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was wondering what methods you use to make osm2pgsql be quiet when run
> by crontab. It is very annoying to receive a everything-is-normal
> message every time I run it. I run it from within a shellscript since I
> need to execute other commands before and after it runs.

The others have already answered your main question, but in case your
shellscript is used for minutely updates from cron, and you are
interested, there is an example shell script to do this robustly at:

https://github.com/apmon/OSM-rendering-stack-deplou/blob/master/wikipedia/puppet/files/openstreetmap/load-next