[OSM-dev] <ask> How to Build API on my own map ?

Philipp Borgers borgers at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 2 20:25:19 GMT 2012

First you should think about what you want. There is an API, and XAPI
and there is the overpass API that features its own API.

For the XAPI setting up the database is as simple as setting up a
database for rendering. Time for import depends on the data you give as
input. The complexity for setting up the differen XAPI implementations
differs. We tried to make the setup of the xappy.js implementation as
easy as possible but the implementation isn't complete (missing some
request types).

Setting up overpass api and database is relative easy compared to xapi
setup but the import tends to be longer.

Hope this helps somehow.

Regards
Philipp