[OSM-dev] Error on db:migrate when setting up a rails port

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu Jan 5 20:00:09 GMT 2012

On Jueves, 5 de Enero de 2012 19:26:00 Tom Hughes escribió:
> On 05/01/12 16:18, Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
> > And now I'm wondering why the first line of
> > http://git.openstreetmap.org/rails.git/blob/HEAD:/db/migrate/001_create_o
> > sm_db.rb refers to "lib/migrate", and what the file path at that point
> > is.
>
> I think I might understand actually - try dropping the 'lib/' prefix
> from the require and see if that works.

ivan at flatbox:~/devel/rails$ rake --trace db:migrate
[.....]
** Execute db:migrate
rake aborted!
An error has occurred, this and all later migrations canceled:

undefined method `native_database_types' for class
`ActiveRecord::ConnectionAdapters::MysqlAdapter'
/home/ivan/devel/rails/lib/migrate.rb:46:in `alias_method'

WTF??! I said very clearly in config/database.yml that I wanted PGSQL! Why on
earth would I need MySQL stuff to do stuff in Postgres?*

* (Not an actual question)

> You probably also want to update your repo as I just pushed a fix for a
> migration bug I introduced the other day.

Will try that next.

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es> <ivan at geonerd.org>

http://ivan.sanchezortega.es
Proudly running Debian Linux with 3.1.0-1-amd64 kernel, KDE , and PHP
5.3.8-1+b1 generating this signature.
Uptime: 20:57:52 up 10:08, 10 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.32, 0.28