[OSM-dev] traces, export, download and update

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Fri Jan 6 23:55:03 GMT 2012

Hi,

As well as the original poster, I might be interested in raw gpx tracks data

> > The plan is just to provide a dump - if other people want to build clever
> > tools on top of that data then that's fine.

It remind me of that thread :
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2009-December/017802.html

But since old tracks don't get updated, since many people might just be ok
with a simple tar.gz of all public visible gpx files (they'll do the fancy
formating, database inserting,...)

Couldn't we just get them once with the API by ID ? and put it somewhere for
sharing?

Nothing fancy or complex

Some kind of script shell I just tried :

for x in `seq 1 1162147` ; do
wget http://${auth}@www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/gpx/$x/details -O $x-
details.osm
wget http://${auth}@www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/gpx/$x/data -O $x.gpx
done

some clean up and a tar and hop

One at a time, no multi-request, a quick test on 100 shows me in 3 day it's
over

I'm willing to do it myself and share the result if it doesn't look too much a
over load for the API

== head buried in the sand to avoid the sword ==

--
sly (sylvain letuffe)