[OSM-dev] mod_tile performance enhancements?

Jason Lee jaslee.st at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 14:09:11 GMT 2012

I think the server is on RAID 1 mirrored.

Actually, I tried isolating the other Layers and benchmarking again. It
turns out the 1st Layer (Polygons) I tried is the most complex which is why
the response time was roughly the same. I tried a Point layer and render
time was about 2 seconds.

I have also played around with METATILE(16) to METATILE(4) in
"render_config.h", recompiled and the time has now gone down from 10 secs
to 1.5 secs, which is much more acceptable..