[OSM-dev] apmon's libapache2-mod-tile (was: 120111 Planet Node Order?)

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sun Jan 15 23:59:37 GMT 2012

On 1/15/2012 5:46 AM, Simon Poole wrote:

> Apmon has created a package that installs all the necessary bits and
> pieces see here http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ubuntu_tile_server
> since you've already done he install it wont help you a lot right now,
> but there are a couple of further tips on the page.

I had to add python-software-properties in order to use
add-apt-repository.  I edited the wiki page to include this information
as a note.

When I executed

sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-tile

gives

Setting up openstreetmap-mapnik-stylesheet-data (0.1-r26689) ...
unzip is not installed in /usr/bin/unzip, it is needed by this script

I'm going to roll back to the original VM
(http://www.thoughtpolice.co.uk/vmware/) and start over clean to see if
it works after ensuring that unzip is installed before doing
libapache2-mod-tile.  Simply removing and re-installing
libapache2-mod-tile doesn't seem to have re-executed setting up the
stylesheet, so I have no real idea if the re-install actually did the unzip.

Bottom line for apmon is that there seems to need to be a missing unzip
dependency in one of the packages on which libapache2-mod-tile depends.

Lynn (D)