[OSM-dev] Using changesets-latest.osm

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 22:34:29 GMT 2012

I wanted to do some poking through changesets so I downloaded
changesets-latest.osm. I thought I could import it into an apidb
schema using osmosis. I used the --write-apidb task and osmosis
created a single empty changeset with a replication=true tag so it is
obviously trying to do something very different than I intended.

So is there some other utility that has already been written to parse
the changeset dump and push it into a database of some kind? I can see
how pushing it into an apidb schema would be problematic since you
would either have to disable the foreign key constraint on users or
create dummy user records with bogus values in some of the required
fields.

Toby