[OSM-dev] Getting information from relations.

Morten Olsen Lysgaard morten at lysgaard.no
Sun Jan 22 17:16:12 GMT 2012

Hi.
I'm currently running a project on open aviation data.
In it I'm planning to use relations for some of the information.
There's just this catch: When i show the map i let users click features
to show a popup-box with all the tags that this object has.
Up till now I've achieved this by serving my map as a WFS layer.
The WFS layer reads a database from a osm2pgsql sync. In this sync, no
information about relations seems to be kept. That means that when I now
want to move some of my data over to relations, there's no way to let
users see the tags that are in the relation.

Is there any other way to achieve this, in short, this is what I want.

When a user clicks on something on my map, information must be shown of
what tags that object and any relation it's a part of has.

I'm willing to do anything. I know there exists something named WMS
GetFeatureInfo, but I'm not sure how it ties together with openstreetmap.

Thanks in advance, Morten.