[OSM-dev] NOTICE: Upcoming Maintenance / Downtime
openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Mon Jan 30 15:17:24 GMT 2012
On Friday 3rd of February 2012 between 11:30 and 13:00 (GMT / UTC) the
primary database server will unavailable due to planned maintenance.
The following services WILL be affected:
* www.openstreetmap.org web site will not allow user login or edits
* API and map database editing (using JOSM, Merkaartor etc.) will be
* planet.openstreetmap.org will be available but no new diffs will be
generated during the outage.
* Forum (no logins) [ http://wiki.openstreetmap.org ]
* trac (bug-tracker) [ http://wiki.openstreetmap.org ]
* help.openstreetmap.org (no logins)
Other services will NOT be affected - all of the following are
expected to function normally:
* tile serving (“View The Map” & “Export”)
* Wiki http://wiki.openstreetmap.org
* Nominatim (search)
* mailing lists
* subversion and git (source code repositories)
Technical: Server Smaug: BIOS Update (to enable PCI-E 256 byte
payload), RAID Controller PCI-E slot re-location and potential rack
move. Server ramoth is being racked.
1: Maps will still be viewable on the openstreetmap.org homepage and
on other people's websites.
On behalf of the OpenStreetMap sysadmin team.
More information about the dev