[OSM-dev] API change

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Jul 11 21:51:54 BST 2012

Ian Dees wrote:
> Andy made a commit that changed the API response for nodes.
> http://git.osm.org/rails.git/commitdiff/2c67c07
> Previously, visible="false" nodes would include their lat/lon. Now
> such nodes will no longer include lat/lon.

For background: this is pretty much essential to the functioning of the
redaction bot. The previous behaviour was inconsistent with the rest of the
API - deleted ways and relations don't return any content - so this didn't
seem the most outrageous change to work.

In an ideal world we would like to have given more warning. But as a former
JOSM maintainer has proudly proclaimed beforehand "Software whose
programmers whine about having to make a change deserves to die, or be
banned", then I have no doubt that JOSM will, as ever, rise to the
challenge.

(Frederik and I love each other really.)

cheers
Richard