[OSM-dev] API change

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jul 12 08:23:59 BST 2012

Hi,

On 07/12/12 09:15, Jochen Topf wrote:
> But is this change documented somewhere now?

I think all we currently have to offer is this:

http://git.openstreetmap.org/rails.git/commit/2c67c079ac39cefd3b096524fc0b7364b0eb21d7

Of course anyone is welcome to fix any API documentation they might find
accordingly!

 > Are there test cases I could test
 > my software against?

As for test cases, downloading the XML for *any* deleted node will show
the changed XML; if you want to look at what the bot does specifically,
pick one of these changesets:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/OSMF%20Redaction%20Account/edits

> There are a few more programs reading those XML files, you
> know...

There haven't been any changes to *file* formats yet, just transfer
formats; the planet file doesn't have deleted nodes, and the history
planet export script hasn't been modified yet (but will probably be in
due course).

Bye
Frederik