[OSM-dev] (Multi)Polygon handling

nimix melchiormoos at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 08:57:33 BST 2012

Frederik Ramm wrote

> If we can't get everyone to use the same code base, then it would at
> least be great to reach some kind of agreement here, or maybe at least
> produce a test suite that everyone runs their code against.

I created a testsuite for that with some more cases that need special
treatment. Unfortunately I only stored the WKB representation in Google
mercator projection, so it is not very human readable. The testcase contains
a LINESTRING and a MULTIPOLYGON for simple closed ways and for relations a
MULTILINESTRING and a MULTIPOLYGON ([1]).

I would volunteer to bring it in an other format so that it is useful for
everyone writing converters and I would like to discuss what is the best way
to do it. I would suggest an .osm file and a Wiki Page containing the
expected results in WKT/WKB and some explanation for each case. Any other
ideas?
Best regards,
Melchior

[1] https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58628/polygonizer.cpp