[OSM-dev] New OGR driver to read OpenStreetMap .osm / .pbf files

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Fri Jul 20 19:58:08 BST 2012

Even Rouault <even.rouault at mines-paris.org> wrote:

> Testing with larger areas, like whole France or Europe, shows sluggish
> performance when ways are built from nodes, but that's perhaps expected. I
> didn't compare with other tools to know if the indexing or request strategy is
> particularly bad.

Hm, would it be possible with this to e.g. convert all the forests
from a complete planetfile to a polygon shapefile while discarding
all the rest?

Sven

--
"The term "any key" does not refer to a particular key on the keyboard. It
simply means to strike any one of the keys on your keyboard or handheld