[OSM-dev] Problem building osm2pgsql from source

Michael Corey mcorey at cironline.org
Wed Jun 13 23:15:15 BST 2012

Hi all: Please excuse me if this isn't the right list for this.

While following the directions for installing osm2pgsql from source, I
get a fatal error while running 'make':

build_geometry.Tpo -c -o build_geometry.o build_geometry.cpp
build_geometry.cpp:29:26: fatal error: geos/version.h: No such file or
directory
compilation terminated.

I'm following the directions here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osm2pgsql

and here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osm2pgsql#From_source_.28generic.29

I'm building libprotobuf-c0-dev from source as well, because I'd like
PBF support.

I haven't found an obvious solution online for what to do next.

Thanks,

--
Michael Corey
News Applications Developer

/2012 Recipient of the MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective
Institutions/