[OSM-dev] Test API minutely diffs

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Mar 13 09:37:14 GMT 2012

> From: Peter Körner [mailto:osm-lists at mazdermind.de]
> Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] Test API minutely diffs
>
> Am 13.03.2012 08:47, schrieb Paul Norman:
>  > If not, does anyone have suggestions for generating minutely diffs?
> You should be able to generate .osm-Fiels with JOSM locally, do some
> changes and save those changes as .osc -- also locally.
>
> No need to involve the API.
>
> If you'd like to go for live-testing, best would be to do some real
> mapping (go out and find the opening-hours of some shops or add that new
> footway) and check with those changes.
>
> You can save an .osm-file of the state itthe database was before your
> edits, upload the changes, identify the diff-sequence they're in and
> test your app against those.

Unfortunately what I'm working on involves detecting potentially bad edits -
someone uploading 50k nodes in a broken import, mechanical edits, that kind
of stuff. For obvious reasons I can't run these against live data. I'll look
into generating osc files from JOSM or alternately setting up an apidb
locally.