[OSM-dev] Interested in the project "Less Wiggly Routes"

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:44:53 GMT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Raman Garg <royalbird.raman at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am a second year student of Netaji Subhas Institue of
> Technology(under Delhi University),India.My major is Instrumentation
> and Control engineering.I am good in "Data Structures and
> Algorithms",as for the current project.Besides this I am good in
> Linux,CSS etc..
>
>   I am programming for the past five years and have experience in C/C+
> +.In my day to day life I spend a lot of time in cracking computing
> puzzles and won various awards in my college.
>
> Idea for the GSOC:
> I liked  "Less Wiggly Routes" ,and am
> interested in implementing the same.I first saw this idea on project
> ideas page.
>
> I think it is my project and am willing to learn more if guided on how to
> proceed further for this project.

Hello Raman. Thanks for your interest in OSM's GSoC projects.

Before applying to be an OSM GSoC student, please get acquainted with the
OSM project:
- Create an account
- Use one or more of the OSM editors to add some data in your local area
- Understand the OSM data model
- Understand the routing software you would be working with.

It's important to us that potential GSoC students express interest in
joining and participating in the community.

-Ian