[OSM-dev] Willing to apply OSM Application for Android GSOC project

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 13:03:59 GMT 2012

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Gihan De Silva <gihansblog.com at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, I saw there exists some OSM Android apps and, I want to know, are
> there any OSM android app developed with HTML5? So there is not such app,
> isn't that great to develop the app with HTML5. Because an app developed
> with HTML5 can be run on any platform. If you can share your ideas that
> will be highly appreciated.

Hi Gihan,

Thanks for expressing interest in applying for an OSM GSoC project. It
sounds like you're brand new to our project so you might want to create an
account and add some data to your local area to get acquainted with the
project. Once you do that, try some of the Android apps listed here
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Android. There are a few HTML5 apps that
use OSM as well, but I strongly suggest that you get acquainted with OSM
and our community before applying to be a GSoC student.

Thanks,
Ian