[OSM-dev] New osmlib-base (after nearly 3 years)

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sun Mar 18 17:19:28 GMT 2012

Hi!

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 12:11:10PM -0400, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
> As is so often the case with software in our community, we add
> features to scratch our own itch.
>
> Jochen has largely moved away from osmlib to work on osmium, so the
> software hasn't had any updates in nearly 3 years.
>
> In that spirit, I've taken osmlib-base and forked it. My version is
> at: https://github.com/emacsen/osmlib-base

Great! Over the years several people have been contacting me showing interest
in OSMlib. So I am glad that somebody picked up the ball and that it is still
useful to people.

I have added a link to your repository here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSMLib
Maybe you can update the page a bit more.

What about the other libs osmlib-export and osmlib-sqlite? Any plans?
(There is also an osmlib-namefinder, but thats not useful any more.)

Jochen