[OSM-dev] Google Summer of Code

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 21:45:59 GMT 2012

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in applying for GSoC with Openstreetmap.   This
list will be fine to ask questions.

Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

- It is important to understand the fundamentals of what OSM is, so if you
have not done so before, please start by creating an account and making
some improvements to the map in your local area.

- It would also be good to look at the OSM data structure.  Details of the
xml file format can be found on our wiki.

- If you search for Nominatim on the OSM wiki you should find some
information on the current service and links to the source code to see how
it currently does searching to see how it could be improved.

The project idea was suggested by 'sabas88' - could he/she provide some
more information on the issues behind this project suggestion please?

Hope that helps.   Please feel free to ask more questions as you develop
your proposal.

Regards

Graham

On 19 March 2012 21:28, kabum <uu.kabum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested in "Nominatim (or alternative)", but there isn't any
> mentor mentioned. Where could I discuss about the idea?
>
> Best regards,
> Morris Jobke

Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.