[OSM-dev] [GSoC 2012] - Implementing JSON REST API in the OSM Rails Port

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:19:40 BST 2012

2012/3/28 aarvay <vignesh at campuspry.com>
> I'm Vignesh, a CS Junior from India. I am working on my proposal for GSoC
> 2012 on implementing JSON responses for the OSM REST API. I was checking out
> the current rails-port code and was wondering if porting the API layer to
> sinatra or grape would be a good thing. Porting it would help gain some
> performance.

There is already some JSON code for cgi-map written by Matt Amos [1].
But I don't know whether it is mature / tested and what the plans are
to make it available for the main API.

[1] <https://github.com/zerebubuth/openstreetmap-cgimap/commit/914f09c4adfe73535da09b4ff04468a2824d48cf>
(and later commits)

Paul