[OSM-dev] mod_tile Developer list?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Mar 28 18:58:37 BST 2012

On 3/28/2012 1:44 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Lynn,
>
> On 03/28/2012 07:33 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
>> Is there a specific mod_tile developer's list or forum?
>
> No. This list is as close as it gets. Unless your suggestions break
> existing behaviour you're unlikely to see any resistance though!

As for breaking existing behavior, one of the things is my opinion that
existing behavior is broken.  For anyone familiar with the tool:

If you supply a list of tiles to render, they are checked against the
planet loaded timestamp and only requested if the meta tile file is
earlier than than planet load ("dirty") UNLESS you put the -f (force)
flag on the command line which circumvents the date check.

However, if you use the -a option (along with -z/Z/x/X/y/Y), every tile
in the specified range is requested with NO date check and the -f option
is completely unused.

My first proposal (and already implemented in my local copy of the
source) is to incorporate the date check in the -a option which would
then require a -f to be added to restore the current non-date-checking
behavior, but restoring the -f (force) switch to what you (at least me)
would expect the behavior to be, not-forced (date checked) if not
specified, and forced rendering if specified.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ