[OSM-dev] GSoC Update

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:23:43 BST 2012

Hi All,
[apologies for cross posting - all future mails from me about this year's
GSoC will be on the dev list, but I'm not sure if everyone relevant
subscribes to the dev list, so sent this to talk too].

We are starting to get some proposals for Google Summer of Code projects
posted by students now.

It would be great if anyone else who is willing to help with mentoring
would would sign up as soon as possible and help us with the selection of
the projects.   If we start reviewing the proposals now we have the chance
to ask the students to clarify issues with their proposals or suggest
improvements, before the deadline for changing proposals in about a week.

If you would like to help, please sign up on the Google Summer of Code web
site <http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012>, and
drop myself and Ian Dees an email so we know who you are, as sometimes we
get requests from people we have never heard of.

I would also be grateful if anyone who has been involved with mentoring
previously would sign up, even if you do not have time to do it this year,
to provide your insights on the proposals given your previous experience.

Thanks

Graham.

--
Graham Jones