[OSM-dev] different rendering with mapnik based on area?

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Sat Mar 31 20:12:48 BST 2012

* Sven Geggus <lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de> [2012-03-31 16:06 +0000]:
> is it possible to have different rendering rules based on the area
> where rendring takes place using an ordinary mapnik rendering stack
> (osm2pgsql+mod_tile+tirex)?

Supposedly yes.  MapQuest uses has three different stylesheets that they
use for their tiles and the appropriate one is selected based on where the
rendered data is.

Unfortunately, I cannot find *any* information online about how this is
accomplished.  MapQuest's stylesheet repo[0] has the three stylesheets but
gives no clues about how they're used.  I haven't found anything via
Internet searches or grepping through the mapnik source code, either.  I'm
hoping someone else on the list know the magic keywords to look for,
because I'm kind of stumped.

  [0]: https://github.com/MapQuest/MapQuest-Mapnik-Style

--- --
You need to install an RTFM interface.