[OSM-dev] Timestamp in PBF files

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Nov 21 10:18:39 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 11/21/2012 10:42 AM, Jochen Topf wrote:
>> Yes. Bascially "whatever was in Osmosis' state.txt file at the time
>> this file was created".
>
> Thats not a definition. I create PBF files all the time without a state.txt
> file around.

Then copy the timestamp from the input PBF, or if you don't have an
input PBF or that doesn't have a timestamp, leave it out. The timestamp
I'm after is not some generic timestamp that you can make up, it must
always refer to a replication process. No replication process - no
timestamp. Therefore it is probably a good idea to make that clear in
the field name - not "timestamp" but "replication_timestamp" or so.

> And what I am saying is that we should think this through so that we don't
> have the same problem again tomorrow.

Then please think it through quickly and post the results ;)

Bye
Frederik