[OSM-dev] Segmentation fault using Osmium

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Fri Nov 23 20:13:29 GMT 2012

The Reinickendorf OSM file you posted works without any problems on my machine.
So maybe it is a problem with a specific library version or something. Please
tell us what OS you are using and the version numbers of all relevant
libraries.

Also I still don't understand what you said earlier: All worked fine before you
installed Postgresql/Postgis and only after you did that it didn't work any
more. That doesn't make any sense to me. Did I understand that correctly?

The segmentation fault doesn't happen in a place that has anything to do with
the multipolygons. Please try to compile osmium_toogr or osmium_toshape and run
them. They contain the same code which core dumps in your case in
osmium_mpdump, but without the multipolygon stuff. Maybe that helps with
narrowing down the problem.

Jochen