[OSM-dev] Multipolygons as members of a multipolygon

Igor Brejc igor.brejc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 09:05:36 BST 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

> Personally, I’d regard any multipolygons containing non-ways as being in
> error.****

Unfortunately handing OSM data with too strict rules usually means a lot of
it has to be disregarded. Just look at multipolygons Wiki page to see how
many exceptions are allowed because people map things differently. So given
that OSM Mapnik integration doesn't treat this as an error (it displays the
names of both the "parent" multipolygon and of its "children"), I will
ignore the relation member rather than rejecting the whole thing.

Igor