[OSM-dev] how to debug rendering issue

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Thu Oct 11 06:13:52 BST 2012

On 11.10.2012 01:30, Martin Guttesen wrote:
> yep checked the db and the buildings are there
>
> the strange thing is that this problem is only in this area, if you go
> east to the next village, there all the buildings and house numbers show

Interesting would be if there was any problem with querying it from the
db. Did you check postgresql log already?

I was close to enabling postgres logging to see all the single queries.
You might try that and check the query calling for the buildings. You
should see this query in the mapnik style file and recognize this
pattern in the postgres queries.

You'll need multiple settings to enable logging.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/722221/how-to-log-postgres-sql-queries

Are you running any modifications besides only processing an extract?
What version of postgres/postgis/mapnik is in use?

Stephan