[OSM-dev] OSM API Improvements work

Tom MacWright tom at macwright.org
Thu Oct 11 20:39:52 BST 2012

Hey Ian,

all of these things already exist as part of other tools.

The story of OSM :).

JXAPI is awesome. The purpose of this JSON-work would be to have a JSON API
that is read/write and that is 'the API' on osm.org. If it's possible to
add writing to JXAPI, that might be a better technical path to go down?

TagInfo's API is certainly pretty good, and it might be good enough.
Possibly this would be taginfo, or just a very small subset of what taginfo
provides - my general objective is to reduce the number of apis and types
of apis you need to understand & count on being stable in order to write an
editor. There's more than one technical way to get there.