[OSM-dev] OSM Wishlist

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Fri Oct 12 14:56:10 BST 2012

> Building such a meta
> platform is not an easy task because "bugs" are much more than just
> popup markers on the map - bugs can also be a way, or a collection of
> ways, or a convex hull around a broken polygon; a good platform will
> also allow the user to flag those bugs which are false positives. All
> this in an environment where a multitude of QA providers feed hundreds
> of thousands of check results into the platform every day.

For your information, osmose http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmose (free
software) developed for and by the french community is doing kind of exactly
that.
A meta plateforme taking inputs from distant plugins as xml files, false
positive management, plugin framework (optionnal), redistibution API to
embeded devices, a JOSM plugin, allready an OpenstreetBugs layer and a quick
editor.

It lacks however the convex hull around buggy areas.

We don't really have the server ressources (yet) to make it available world
wide, but the software beeing GPL, if I remember correctly, could be re-used
and upgraded to run at larger scale.

--
sly
qui suis-je : http://sly.letuffe.org