[OSM-dev] Hello World

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Oct 12 22:28:31 BST 2012

Hi,

On 12.10.2012 23:13, Paweł Paprota wrote:
>> * Social OSM: feh, don't care.
>
> I accept that there are different views on that topic. Ultimately I
> think the project can greatly benefit from having more mappers (through
> better osm.org usability and social-ability).

My take on social OSM is a combination of these views - "feh" because I
myself am really not interested in "your friend Peter mapped a post box
yesterday!"; but I can see that there *are* people who would like that
kind of thing and if we can offer it to them - all the better.

There are also a number of interesting things that I would perhaps not
use, but like to toy with as a coder - for example I've long been
thinking, wouldn't it be cool if an editor were showing a little chat
box to the side where you would be connected live to the people editing
in the same city right now?

Bye
Frederik