[OSM-dev] OSM Wishlist

Tom MacWright tom at macwright.org
Mon Oct 15 15:23:07 BST 2012

Hey Sly,

> This only is my opinion, but wishlists shouldn't be reduced to those
subscribed to dev@
Maybe start on dev, but I think a wiki page should better be suited for a
summary of the ~3/5 tasks to focus on.

Yes and no. Everything is a trade between being totally open (announce it
on IRC and see what the crowd thinks!) and being totally productive (hole
up and just do it until you're done and then realize it's duplicated
effort).

For the 'we have tasks' stage, I'd like to handle this in GitHub issues,
because they are focused on doing things. There are existing wiki pages for
improvements (top ten tasks, api 0.7, improving openstreetmap) which have
shown at best mixed success of staying updated and being good for the
'actual doing things' collaboration phase.

Tom