[OSM-dev] OSM Wishlist (community wishlist built experimentation)

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Thu Oct 18 16:53:47 BST 2012

Sweet - I think such a list is great and useful for further informing priorities in OSM. I'd love to see this framed larger than the Knight funded work though. I am really worried about expectations. OpenStreetMap won't cover larger improvement needs with 500+k, OpenStreetMap need a lot more resources :) At the same time I think such a list should be encouraging people and other orgs to get started working on improving OSM. This is why I just took off the reference to MapBox and the Knight Grant from this wishlist. I've tried to tinker with the phrasing, but in the end I feel as long as it says 'mapbox' on there is an expectation that we'll be able to follow through on key things people ask for within the next months.

All that said, I am really interested in what people will come up with, I think the list as it stands right now is already very useful, thank you for working on this.