[OSM-dev] ODbL full history planet

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Wed Oct 24 16:43:37 BST 2012

Am 23.10.2012 10:13, schrieb kimaidou:
> Could you give the github repository url for the osm2pgsql-style table
> tool ?

https://github.com/MaZderMind/osm-history-renderer

To start I'd recommend following the Tutorial:
<https://github.com/MaZderMind/osm-history-renderer/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md>

>     I'd say just take the osmium lib and the postgres lib and write
>     yourself an importer (and put it on github).
>

> This is what I would do I think. I just need time to get used to
> osmium... I usually code in python, not C++ ...
> And obviously to find enough time. I will sure put it on github if I
> managed to developp this tool

Sound's nice. Doing the processing with C++ gains you a loooot of speed
over python. (a lot as in: 1 hour for a planet instead of 1 day)

Peter