[OSM-dev] Osmosis exception

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Sat Sep 1 16:17:44 BST 2012

Hi Stéphane,

On 31 August 2012 23:11, Stéphane Henriod <s at henriod.info> wrote:

> Hello
>
> it's the first time I post on this list, so I hope it's the right place to
> ask this question!
>
> I want to use Osmosis to keep a PostGIS database up-to-date (for use with
> Mapnik), as explained here
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Minutely_Mapnik
>
> I have installed osmosis via git clone this morning, so I assume it's the
> last version (0.41)
>
> Apparently, osmosis has been installed properly, because the command *
> osmosis* returns the usage example:
>
> *humadat at ssh:~$
> osmosis
> osmosis
>

> Example
> Usage
>

> Import a planet file into a local PostgreSQL database. .... blablabla
> *
>
> But the problem comes as soon as I want to actually use it:
>
>> *humadat at ssh:~$ osmosis --read-replication-interval
>> workingDirectory=$WORKDIR_OSM*  *--simplify-change  --write-xml-change
>> changes.osc.gz*
>> *Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> org/codehaus/classwor*
>> *lds/Launcher*
>> *Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher*
>> *        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)*
>> *        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)*
>> *        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)*
>> *        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)*
>> *        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
>> *
>> *        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)*
>> *Could not find the main class: org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.
>> Program will*
>> *exit.*
>>

> Any idea where it can come from? I get the same error with any other
> option that I have used

Have you compiled the application yet?  If you download the source code you
need to compile it first.

Is there a reason you haven't used the pre-built version described on the
wiki?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis#Latest_Stable_Version

Which instructions did you use to find Osmosis?

Brett