[OSM-dev] Osmosis exception

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Mon Sep 3 12:18:30 BST 2012

Hi Brett!

I have now tried with the  pre-compiled binaries:

wget http://bretth.dev.openstreetmap.org/osmosis-build/osmosis-latest.tgz
> tar zxvf osmosis-latest.tgz

I have then modified the entry in the PATH variable so that it matches the
new installation

echo $PATH

/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/home/humadat/data/prog/osm2pgsql:/home/humadat/data/prog/osmosis-0.41/bin

And it works already better! If I try to sort an osm file, for example, it
works out without any exception or error.

But, unfortunately, I get other exceptions when I try to acquire the
replication data (the variable $WORKDIR_OSM is properly defined:
/home/humadat/tmp):

> osmosis --read-replication-interval workingDirectory=$WORKDIR_OSM
> --simplify-change  --write-xml-change changes.osc.gz

Sep 3, 2012 1:00:22 PM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis
> [...]
> waitForCompletion
> SEVERE: Thread for task 1-read-replication-interval
> failed
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: Unable to read the
> prope
> rties from file
> /home/humadat/tmp/configuration.txt.
>         at
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.util.PropertiesPersister.load(Properti
> esPersister.java:71)
>
>         at
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.replication.v0_6.impl.ReplicationDownloader
> Configuration.<init>(ReplicationDownloaderConfiguration.java:33)
>
>         at
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.replication.v0_6.BaseReplicationDownloader.
> runImpl(BaseReplicationDownloader.java:263)
>
>         at
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.replication.v0_6.BaseReplicationDownloader.
> run(BaseReplicationDownloader.java:360)
>
>         at
> java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /home/humadat/tmp/configuration.txt (N
> o such file or
> directory)
>         at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native
> Method)
>         at
> java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
>         at
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.util.PropertiesPersister.load(Properti
> esPersister.java:59)
>
>         ... 4
> more
> Sep 3, 2012 1:00:24 PM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis
> main
> SEVERE: Execution
> aborted.
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: One or more tasks
> failed
> .
>         at
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.pipeline.common.Pipeline.waitForComple
> tion(Pipeline.java:146)
>         at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis.run(Osmosis.java:92)
>         at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis.main(Osmosis.java:37)
>         at
> java:39)
>         at
> sorImpl.java:25)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchStandard(Laun
> cher.java:329)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.jav
> a:239)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(La
> uncher.java:409)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:
> 352)
>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:47)

This error message talks about a config file $WORKDIR_OSM/configuration.txt
but I don't have any at this location... Should I create it myself? And
what should it contain?

I just created an empty file configuration.txt at this location and...

Sep 3, 2012 1:05:28 PM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis
> run
> INFO: Osmosis Version
> 0.41
> Sep 3, 2012 1:05:28 PM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis
> run
> INFO: Preparing
> pipeline.
> Sep 3, 2012 1:05:28 PM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis
> run
> INFO: Launching pipeline
> execution.
> Sep 3, 2012 1:05:28 PM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis
> run
> INFO: Pipeline executing, waiting for
> completion.
> Sep 3, 2012 1:05:28 PM
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.pipeline.common.ActiveTask
> Manager
> waitForCompletion
> SEVERE: Thread for task 1-read-replication-interval
> failed
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>         at
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.replication.v0_6.impl.ReplicationDownloader
> Configuration.getBaseUrl(ReplicationDownloaderConfiguration.java:47)
>
>         at
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.replication.v0_6.BaseReplicationDownloader.
> runImpl(BaseReplicationDownloader.java:267)
>
>         at
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.replication.v0_6.BaseReplicationDownloader.
> run(BaseReplicationDownloader.java:360)
>
>         at
> java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
> Sep 3, 2012 1:05:28 PM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis main
> SEVERE: Execution aborted.
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: One or more tasks
> failed
> .
>         at
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.pipeline.common.Pipeline.waitForComple
> tion(Pipeline.java:146)
>         at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis.run(Osmosis.java:92)
>         at org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis.main(Osmosis.java:37)
>         at
> java:39)
>         at
> sorImpl.java:25)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchStandard(Laun
> cher.java:329)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.jav
> a:239)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(La
> uncher.java:409)
>         at
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:
> 352)
>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:47)

Thanks a lot if you have any idea what the problem can be!

Cheers,

Stéphane
--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason
enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon
it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info