[OSM-dev] osm-tools (alpha) for windows [was: How to compile osm2pgsql without persistent node cache?]

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Tue Sep 4 09:37:26 BST 2012

Hi

Am 02.09.2012 19:47, schrieb Kai Krueger:
> OK, so now osm2pgsql builds on Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OSX and Solaris. If
> only someone could figure out how to build osm2pgsql on Windows...

I built osm2pgsql under cygwin as well as all the gdal and osmium tools.
I planned to distribute them soon but I faced a SegFault when running
tools that used geos or gdal outside of cygwin. Tools (like
osmium_convert) are running fine.

I also did not get osmjs to compile under cygwin.

Because I don't know how to fix this, I uploaded the compiled files
here: http://osm4windows.org/downloads/

Maybe some one has an Idea on how to fix that. I'd love to distribute
100% running binaries of those OpenSource-Tools.

Peter