[OSM-dev] Fwd: Osmosis - Cutting out a bounding box from a diff file (.osc)

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Wed Sep 5 14:14:51 BST 2012

> But it looks like I have a problem now...
>
>    1. I need to keep the tables ways, rels and nodes because of the diff
>    updates
>    2. Those 3 tables will continue growing up with each new diff, until I
>    reach the storage capacity of the server
>
> The only solution I see
is to increase the storage capacity ;-)

> is a post-processing that will erase from PostGIS
> all the nodes lying outside my bounding box + all the ways using one of
> thses nodes + all the relations using one of thses nodes or one of these
> ways.

Doing that will erase data that you want in your bbox, suppose a way crossing
the border of your bbox, it will be erased while it still had nodes in the
bbox.
A better but longer solution is to remove every ways with no nodes in the
bbox.

But that probably won't be as easy as it sounds. Better increase you storage
capacity ;-)

--
sly
qui suis-je : http://sly.letuffe.org